Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
If you own a car, having auto insurance is essential. Whether parked or driven, cars are vulnerable to accidents that can be expensive from which to recover. Auto insurance can help you by easing the financial burden of accident-related expenses.
What Is Auto Insurance?
Car insurance covers damage to your vehicle and protects you financially if you’re liable for someone else’s injuries or damages. In exchange for an insurance premium, your insurance carrier helps you by covering costs following an accident, such as a collision. Depending on the accident or the type of claim you file, you may owe out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., a deductible) before insurance kicks in.
Who Is Covered by My Auto Insurance?
A standard auto insurance policy will commonly cover the owner of the car and other drivers if they are listed on the policy. Some policies may cover another car driver in the event of an accident, as they are technically borrowing your auto insurance policy by driving your car. Contact Kevin Brewer & Associates with questions or concerns about auto insurance coverage and policy inclusions.
A typical auto insurance policy might include:
Is Auto Insurance Coverage Mandatory?
- Liability insurance helps insure against claims arising from damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck. North Carolina requires all drivers to carry minimum amounts of auto liability coverage.
- Bodily injury liability coverage helps cover their medical bills (and sometimes, deaths).
- Property damage liability helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property, such as their car.
- Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after a wreck.
- Comprehensive Insurance helps pay for non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage.
- Medical payments (MedPay) coverage helps pay for your medical bills and those of your passengers if injuries are sustained in an accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage helps pay for your medical bills and lost wages caused by an accident. North Carolina drivers are required to carry minimum amounts of PIP coverage.
- Uninsured/underinsured Insurance helps insure against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
North Carolina Motor Vehicle Law requires drivers to maintain minimum automobile liability coverage. If you drive without auto insurance, you may be susceptible to fines and a license suspension. Auto insurance is essential for protecting you, your car and those with whom you share the roads.
Contact Our Agency
If you live near Charlotte, North Carolina, give us a call. The experienced agents at Kevin Brewer & Associates are committed to assisting car owners in learning more about potential auto insurance policies so they can decide on the right coverage for their cars.
Contact our agency today at 704-549-1222 for more information.
You may also be interested in…